Welcome to the Virginia Student Councils Association!
Our Mission Statement
The VSCA is a leadership learning organization of the Virginia Association of Secondary School Principals (VASSP) that serves student leaders from private and public schools throughout the Commonwealth.
The VSCA provides opportunities to practice the citizenship skills necessary for effective participation in our democratic society. Our organization encourages the formation, development and expansion of student councils in all schools in Virginia and among all students in grades kindergarten through high school.
Our principal goals are to
- instill American ideals, including the development of leadership and citizenship, among the youth of today;
- foster student leadership in a democratic environment;
- assist all Student Councils in becoming more effective organizations within their school, community, state and nation;
- promote student participation within the school and its community; and
- assist Student Councils and their leadership in focusing on relevant current problems that affect them and encouraging them to seek solutions to those problems.
Explore our site
The VSCA offers many training opportunities for students and adult advisors during the year. We host an annual State Convention that is organized and run by our Advisory Committee and State Officers. And we publish a regular Newsletter and honor well-deserving member schools with our various awards. Enjoy your look around and contact us if we can be of any assistance.